I work for a SOX compliant company and we perform quarterly entitlement and access reviews, including our core instance of Jira Server which, unfortunately for us, has been deemed a "SOX-Supporting" system. We also used LDAP integration for external user management and to grant application access to Jira via AD group.
For some years now, I've been using a series of SQL queries to pull the data I need to prove out that access to the system is appropriate at all levels: application access, AD group membership, project permission scheme settings, and project role membership.
It turns out that one of my queries that was written to pull project role data has been pulling historical records with termed employees that no longer have access to the system. Here's the SQL we've been using:
-- Below Query pulls all project roles assigned to projects
select pname, ROLETYPEPARAMETER, ROLETYPE, NAME, [RWT_JIRA_PROD].[dbo].[projectrole].DESCRIPTION
from [RWT_JIRA_PROD].[dbo].[projectroleactor]
INNER join [RWT_JIRA_PROD].[dbo].[projectrole] on (projectrole.id=projectroleactor.projectroleid)
INNER join [RWT_JIRA_PROD].[dbo].[project] on (project.id=projectroleactor.pid)
I've got a DBA looking into the "false positives" and he came back with a question for the community about how to join 2 tables: projectroleactor and cwd_user. Here's the SQL he's trying but can't find a join point for:
SELECT pname, ROLETYPEPARAMETER, ROLETYPE, NAME, [RWT_JIRA_PROD].[dbo].[projectrole].DESCRIPTION
from [RWT_JIRA_PROD].[dbo].[projectroleactor]
INNER join [RWT_JIRA_PROD].[dbo].[projectrole] on (projectrole.id=projectroleactor.projectroleid)
INNER join [RWT_JIRA_PROD].[dbo].[project] on (project.id=projectroleactor.pid)
INNER JOIN [RWT_JIRA_PROD].[dbo].cwd_user cu ON ROLETYPEPARAMETER = cu.user_name
Any ideas on how to fix the query?
Bonus question: Anybody know of an add-on that will do this sort of access reporting for us? We're not using crowd or any other user management tool at this point beyond LDAP integration but I think I could sell one of these if they meet our reporting needs. We spend WAY too much time on these quarterly reviews