I have Jira Service Desk (v 8.6.1) running on a centos 7 server with a reverse proxy https connection. I also have Confluence (v 7.2.2) running on another centos 7 server with its own reverse proxy https. They are both linked to each other with OAuth via Application Links. I've granted permissions on the spaces to the administrator, both as a group and individually.
When I try to link to an existing confluence space from a jira project, I get the message, "We're having trouble communicating with the application. Wait a minute, then try again." If I try to create a new space, I get the message, "We couldn't create a space for you. Confluence might be down, or you might not have permission to create a space." I get the same message if I try to create a space from Project Settings -> knowledge base.
The error that shows up in atlassian-jira.log is:
2020-03-31 15:42:55,751-0500 http-nio-8080-exec-22 ERROR cfschulte 942x17998x1 1wroie0 10.130.210.221,144.92.219.24 /rest/servicedesk/1/servicedesk/SR/kb/16897856-fdbb-3788-8234-ecac8e61b1a5/space [c.a.s.i.api.applink.BaseAppLinkResponseHandler] Applink request has returned an error with status code 401: {"message":"Client must be authenticated to access this resource.","status-code":401}
I've been searching through the community and the best answer is, "The JIRA Servicedesk user or Agent needs to be granted Create Page permission in the relevant Confluence space." I've done that wherever I find a place to grant permissions. Is there something else I'm missing? Do I need to do something extra with the reverse proxies?
Thanks,
Chris