We recently purchased JIRA Portfolio. For new projects that are in the planning stages, so far it is behaving as I expected.
My goal is to have the complete project appear in the scope and timeline views of the plan so that progress can be communicated to our project sponsors and funding partners. They require a complete view of the project, not just the in progress or remaining work.
My problem is when I try and bring in projects that are in progress that have a mixture of issues that are Done, In Progress and To Do.
For Epics that are indicated as Done (both the epic and all the sub issues), they do not even appear in the 5th screen of creating the new plan, the "Confirm what's in scope" screen.
The only way I have found to make them appear in the "Confirm what's in scope" screen is to change the status of the epic and/or sub-issues. However, then the progress bar with these issues does not show progress correctly, it only shows a grey line.
I searched to see if this has been solved by others before, but I could not find anything that helped me. I don't know if this behaviour is by design, a bug, or the result of a feature not yet implemented.
Please help.