I want to create a new level above epics?
e.g. Function/Initiative something like that and I don't see a option.
You will need a tool, such as Portfolio for Jira, to create a higher level. Portfolio will give you the ability to create Initiatives, which can roll up Epics. Themes can also be used to roll up Initiatives.
I believe Big PIcture will provide you with Programs, that are similar to Initiatives.
Jira Software only implements Epic -> Task -> Sub-task.
You can get more layers with Portfolio for Jira, Jira Align or Structure for Jira. There's some other stuff you might look at, but those are the only three fully intended to create more layers over Epic
Thanks Robert.
I just needed a level between Epic or User story...or if possible a level above Epic.
But getting an additional tool for a small request feels like a lengthy process and not sure if it's worth it to pay for another tool.
Thanks Nic.
I'll probably have to restructure the issue type with different names to use existing hierarchy offered by JIRA
If you do that, please do not rename "Epic". This breaks some stuff in Jira in subtle ways that you won't spot until it's got quite bad.
This is likely to change soon, but at the moment, it causes too many problems.
Thanks Nic. I'll remembr that.
Are you using Jira Cloud Premium by chance?
not at this stage. Does it allow to create Hierarchy?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.