ever since Keybase/ Bitbucket/ Sourcetree was installed the following "CredentialHelperSelector" keeps popping up for what reason I do not know of??
Pl help me find a way to stop the alert popping up action!!
Git needs to talk over SSH. You need something to help you with that.Install this, it fixed it for me.
https://github.com/microsoft/Git-Credential-Manager-for-Windows/releases
Thanks a Tonne. This works a charm. Let me say this... atlassian-sourcetree-bitbucket... we've faced innumerable authentication problems without a simple guide or a straightforward process.
The guys who do the authentication tools must have no shame really. Pathetic.
Could someone explain why 1 app needs another app to make sure its secura??Why cant this be done through source tree itself?!
Plus a 370mb app for doing credentials?!?! kinda ridiculous isnt it
There is an easier way to select correct one and this one works without installing extra application. See: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/I-always-get-a-popup-credential-helper-selector-asking-me-to/qaq-p/1465880
Not working that solution...
This solution worked for me (installing the credential selector -alone- didn't)
I got the CredentialHelpSelector, using Windows 11, Sourcetree 3.4.17.
I just tried the options until 1 of them worked. not very scientific.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.