Hello! I'm fairly new to Pipelines and .NET Core and I'm trying to figure out how to build and deploy my application via FTP using Pipelines.
I currently have the following setup in my Pipelines .yml file and the build portion seems to be running just fine.
image: mcr.microsoft.com/dotnet/core/sdk:3.1
pipelines:
default:
- step:
caches:
- dotnetcore
script:
- export PROJECT_NAME=WebApplication
- dotnet restore
- dotnet build $PROJECT_NAME
I see there is an FTP pipe that can be added that looks pretty straightforward if being used with static files in my repo, but I'm unclear how to integrate this with my existing .NET Core build.
script:
- pipe: atlassian/ftp-deploy:0.3.1
variables:
USER: '<string>'
PASSWORD: '<string>'
SERVER: '<string>'
REMOTE_PATH: '<string>'
LOCAL_PATH: '<string>'
DEBUG: '<boolean>'
EXTRA_ARGS: '<string>'
DELETE_FLAG: '<boolean>'
My first question would be: Can this FTP pipe run inside my existing script tag just below "dotnet build"? Or do I need to define a seperate step and set everything up there? And, in either scenario, how do I define my local path to point to wherever my .NET application is building too? As of right now I'm unclear where those build files live after the build completes.
Any assitance here will be much appricated and hopefully these are not completely stupid questions. Just trying to get my brain wrapped around this so I'm not manually uploading my app everytime.
Thanks!