I'm running Jira 8.6.1
Jira sometimes gets pretty sluggish and the log analyzer gave me "Jira server throws OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread" and pointed to https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-server-throws-outofmemoryerror-unable-to-create-new-native-thread-224397455.html?utm_medium=logScan&utm_source=STP.
The workaround is to add this to the :
ulimit -u 4096
ulimit -n 4096
Though setenv.sh already has this going:
CURRENT_NOFILES_LIMIT=$( ulimit -Hn )
ulimit -Sn $CURRENT_NOFILES_LIMIT
ulimit -n $(( CURRENT_NOFILES_LIMIT > MIN_NOFILES_LIMIT ? CURRENT_NOFILES_LIMIT : MIN_NOFILES_LIMIT ))
Won't the workaround conflict with what is already there?
I looked at /proc/<pid>/limits and see this:
Max cpu time unlimited unlimited seconds
Max file size unlimited unlimited bytes
Max data size unlimited unlimited bytes
Max stack size 8388608 unlimited bytes
Max core file size 0 unlimited bytes
Max resident set unlimited unlimited bytes
Max processes 4096 15066 processes
Max open files 16384 16384 files
Max locked memory 65536 65536 bytes
Max address space unlimited unlimited bytes
Max file locks unlimited unlimited locks
Max pending signals 15066 15066 signals
Max msgqueue size 819200 819200 bytes
Max nice priority 0 0
Max realtime priority 0 0
Max realtime timeout unlimited unlimited us
The hard limit for max processes is 15066. Is that the problem I'm having?
Thanks,
Chris