We recently upgraded to confluence 7.3.2, which includes Tomcat 9.0.27.
Our Nessus security scans pick up on this and report issues related to CVE-2019-17569, CVE-2020-1935, and CVE-2020-1938 which are all fixed on Tomcat 9.0.31.
Thanks guys. I ended up installing a test instance. Once that was in place I was able to use CATALINA_HOME/bin/version.sh to report the tomcat version, among other things.
confluence@hostname:/wiki> confluence-7.3.4/bin/version.shIf you encounter issues starting up Confluence, please see the Installation guide at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Confluence+Installation+Guide
Server startup logs are located in /wiki/confluence-7.3.4/logs/catalina.out---------------------------------------------------------------------------Using Java: /usr/local/java/openjdk1.8.0_242/jre//bin/java2020-03-27 08:13:48,152 INFO [main] [atlassian.confluence.bootstrap.SynchronyProxyWatchdog] A Context element for ${confluence.context.path}/synchrony-proxy is found in /wiki/confluence-7.3.4/conf/server.xml. No further action is required---------------------------------------------------------------------------Using CATALINA_BASE: /wiki/confluence-7.3.4Using CATALINA_HOME: /wiki/confluence-7.3.4Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /wiki/confluence-7.3.4/tempUsing JRE_HOME: /usr/local/java/openjdk1.8.0_242/jre/Using CLASSPATH: /wiki/confluence-7.3.4/bin/bootstrap.jar:/wiki/confluence-7.3.4/bin/tomcat-juli.jarUsing CATALINA_PID: /wiki/confluence-7.3.4/work/catalina.pidServer version: Apache Tomcat/9.0.33Server built: Mar 11 2020 09:31:38 UTCServer number: 9.0.33.0OS Name: LinuxOS Version: 3.10.0-1062.12.1.el7.x86_64Architecture: amd64JVM Version: 1.8.0_242-b08JVM Vendor: AdoptOpenJDK
@Rusty Rusty To check Tomcat version go to General configuration > System information > Java Runtime Environment > Application Server
you will find it there but you should be Confluence Admin
Thanks @Moses Thomas but I'd like to know before installing. I'd prefer to hold off on another upgrade until a version is available that I know resolves the issue.
@Rusty Rusty OK see here how-to-determine-your-version-of-Tomcat-and-Java
The release notes will generally list if a newer version of Tomcat has been shipped with a particular version of the application.
In this case however, there is an open issue tracking CVE-2020-1938 specifically.
Thanks Gareth. The only reference I could find to Tomcat in the release notes was in those for version 6.10 which references using Tomcat 9.
So nothing really specific there that I could find, but it's certainly possible that I'm just missing it.
I wanted to check the current Enterprise release of confluence, 6.13.11 which appears to still have vulnerable version 9.0.22:
(downloaded tar.gz and unbundled in temp directory)
java -cp atlassian-confluence-6.13.11/lib/catalina.jar org.apache.catalina.util.ServerInfoServer version: Apache Tomcat/9.0.22Server built: Jul 4 2019 14:20:06 UTCServer number: 9.0.22.0OS Name: LinuxOS Version: 2.6.32-754.28.1.el6.x86_64Architecture: amd64JVM Version: 1.8.0_241-b26JVM Vendor: Oracle Corporation
I don't have that version handy, but based on your post it certainly appears to be running the vulnerable tomcat.
I think confluence 7.3.4 is the only version that includes a Tomcat build with fixes for CVE-2019-17569, CVE-2020-1935, and CVE-2020-1938.
Also, regarding 6.13.11, it appears that EOL is Dec 4, 2020, so you'll only get 8 month before you're out of support on that version.
Thanks! We are following the Enterprise release which is going to jump to v7 when 7.4.x is released (soon?), but is currently 6.13.x
https://confluence.atlassian.com/enterprise/atlassian-enterprise-releases-948227420.html
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.