Do we have helm charts for bitbucket?
Hi there,
For some explanation to other readers, helm charts are descriptors for deploying containers into kubernetes. You could think of them like a template for deploying applications in kubernetes (which is a popular orchestration platform for containers). To people who haven't worked with containers before, this would be a similar concept to a VM image in a virtualization environment.
The quick answer is that Atlassian does not currently provide helm charts for any product. I am aware of third-party helm charts for Jira and Confluence: https://github.com/stevehipwell/helm-charts
Atlassian does however provide docker images for Bitbucket, which would be useful in creating your own helm chart:https://hub.docker.com/r/atlassian/bitbucket-server/
If you do create your own helm chart and make it available in a public repo, post it here! I'm quite sure others in the Community would be glad to have one available and help contribute to it.
Cheers,Daniel
Hello Daniel,
Thanks for response. I was off for sometime, so my reply took time. We have helm chart for 5.X version. But when I try to upgrade it to 6.X we are facing issue. Do you know what is the differance between 5.x vs 6.x?
This page explains in easy-to-digest detail all the significant changes between versions:
Bitbucket upgrade matrix
On the jump from 5.x to 6.x, there weren't major breaking platform changes - more details about the upgrade are in the Bitbucket Server 6.0 release notes. I wouldn't expect that upgrade to completely break a system, although I imagine it's possible changes to the underlying elasticsearch service might not translate correctly to a helm chart.
Given some details about the issue you have, I might be able to provide some guidance. It sounds like you've either built your own helm chart or acquired one from an unknown third party though, so I do need to call out that I won't be super helpful in regards to the helm chart itself without seeing both copies.
Sure Daniel, let me know what you need for this.
They do now - https://atlassian.github.io/data-center-helm-charts/
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.