I have jira and confluence running on a centos server under an apache http reverse proxy. The tomcat addresses are http://the.jira.server:8080 for jira and http://theserver:8090 for confluence. They are mapped https://the.jira.server for jira and https://the.jira.server/confluence for confluence.
The application link for confluence to jira is https://the.jira.server and the application link from jira to confluence is https://the.jira.server/confluence. linking directly to ports 8080 and 8090 gives a network error.
When I try to connect, link, or create a space from jira, I get various error messages like "We couldn't create a space for you. Confluence might be down, or you might not have permission to create a space" or "We're having trouble communicating with the application. Wait a minute, then try again."
Digging around, we thought in might be a cookies issue, so I tried a fix #2 recommended here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/logging-into-another-atlassian-application-logs-me-out-of-confluence-268043930.html?_ga=2.131449295.1748244074.1584646255-972934708.1584646255
That just gave me a proxy error. Right now, we can't try mapping jira to https://the.jira.server/jira because it is in use and starting, stopping, and possibly breaking it would be bad.
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Chris