My problem is with ThemeBuilder 5.3.8 and Confluence 5.9.6. The sidebar, page titles, and the edit/favorite/watch/share navigation buttons are completely missing. They aren't in the HTML/DOM and therefore don't render. This happens with the ROOT theme as well as my custom themes -- which makes me think something is mixed up in the plugin itself rather than in my themes?
In addition, when I make edits to my themes, they appear to be persisted and are saved through page refreshes of the theme editor page; however, the changes never appear in my live pages.
Restarting Confluence hasn't helped. Re-indexing Confluence doesn't change anything either (though I think this is a search index not content index, so that isn't too surprising). Uninstalling & reinstalling Themebuilder 5.3.8 didn't make a difference. Neither did reverting to 5.3.7, which had worked with Confluence 5.7.
I haven't seen any logs in catalina.out or atlassian-confluence.log that appear to be related to the Adaptavist plugins.
Any idea of where I could keep looking to resolve the problem?