Our IT admins changed the domain and hostnames of our JIRA instance, so I changed the hostname of the JIRA computer accordingly. For an unknown reason this did not work out and it was decided to revert to the initial hostnames and so. Hence I put back the original domain and hostnames on the computer. Now JIRA does not start anymore with the error mentioned below when trying to access it via http://localhost:8080/jira:
HTTP Status 500 - Exception occurred while rendering template 'templates/jira/appconsistency/jiralocked.vm'.
type Exception report
message Exception occurred while rendering template 'templates/jira/appconsistency/jiralocked.vm'.
description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.
exception
javax.servlet.ServletException: Exception occurred while rendering template 'templates/jira/appconsistency/jiralocked.vm'.
com.atlassian.jira.startup.JiraStartupChecklistFilter.doFilter(JiraStartupChecklistFilter.java:102)
com.atlassian.jira.web.filters.MultipartBoundaryCheckFilter.doFilter(MultipartBoundaryCheckFilter.java:41)
com.atlassian.jira.web.filters.steps.ChainedFilterStepRunner.doFilter(ChainedFilterStepRunner.java:87)
com.atlassian.jira.web.filters.JiraFirstFilter.doFilter(JiraFirstFilter.java:61)
root cause
java.lang.NullPointerException
org.apache.velocity.util.introspection.UberspectImpl.getMethod(UberspectImpl.java:183)
com.atlassian.velocity.htmlsafe.introspection.AnnotationBoxingUberspect.getMethod(AnnotationBoxingUberspect.java:108)
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTMethod.execute(ASTMethod.java:192)
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.execute(ASTReference.java:262)
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.render(ASTReference.java:342)
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTBlock.render(ASTBlock.java:72)
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTIfStatement.render(ASTIfStatement.java:87)
org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.SimpleNode.render(SimpleNode.java:336)
org.apache.velocity.Template.merge(Template.java:328)
org.apache.velocity.Template.merge(Template.java:235)
org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine.mergeTemplate(VelocityEngine.java:381)
com.atlassian.jira.startup.JiraStartupChecklistFilter.doFilter(JiraStartupChecklistFilter.java:98)
com.atlassian.jira.web.filters.MultipartBoundaryCheckFilter.doFilter(MultipartBoundaryCheckFilter.java:41)
com.atlassian.jira.web.filters.steps.ChainedFilterStepRunner.doFilter(ChainedFilterStepRunner.java:87)
com.atlassian.jira.web.filters.JiraFirstFilter.doFilter(JiraFirstFilter.java:61)
note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/7.0.55 logs.
Apache Tomcat/7.0.55
Do you have any idea what I did wrong?
Thanks!
Yvan