Hi Atlassian,
I am configuring email requests for our servicedesk. I have created an emailaddress for that and a password that doesn't expire. I can login and then have to choose between request types. Unfortunately. The Technical Support issue type isn't suitable for emails. Why is that?
Kind regards,
Martijn
Ah clear, thanks a lot!!!
I’m not sure I understand your question. I don’t know what Technical Support issue type is exactly. I don’t have that as a default issue type so I wonder if this is a custom Issuetype and I wonder if there are required fields associated with the Issuetype? Can you share more info explaining why you are finding it “not suitable”?
Hello Martjin,
Unless I am misunderstanding the question, you can select request types rather than issue types. If your request is configured to create Technical support issue types, all you need to do is to select the relevant request type.
Hi,
Check the screenshot. That's what I see.
Hi Martijn, are you using any specific configuration for this request type?
If you have fields more than one required fields (summary by default) Jira cannot proceed with the issue creation. You can change the request's configuration to work around this, or you can use a custom mail handler (provided by scriptrunner).
No worries, would you mind accepting my answer if it helped you?
Cheers
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.