Hi
I'm just planning how we are going to set up projects to capture and manage bugs. It seems that one of the most important factors is based on the versioning of the software, ie: you specify different versions against each project.
Where I'm not sure is where there are multiple pieces of software (eg: firmware, driver and different end-user applications) that each have their own versions. Does this mean I would need a project for each piece of software? Or is there some way I can have a project that includes a number of pieces of related software (eg: one project for end-user applications), especially as specific bugs might relate to more than one of those pieces of software?
And then there are components. Could I have one project for software and each type of software are components? But that would mean the version list could be quite long and we would need to differentiate the versions for the different pieces of software.
So I'm wondering whether there are some guidelines out there to help decide on the projects, components and versions.
Thanks in advance
David