Hello,
I am displaying an Issue Matrix on the parent issue and would like to display the Sum total of all subtasks (custom field values for field name 'Total') in a custom field underneath the Issue Matrix on the parent issue in a field named 'Request Total'. Subtask field 'Total' is defined as a Number Field. And the parent Issue field 'Request Total' is defined as a Scripted Field using Template: Number Field.
I think I need to:
1) query the total number of Subtasks
2) get the value for each subtask 'Total' field and store in an array
3) add the values for each subtask 'Total' field (add array)
4) display the SUM of all 'Total' field values (SUM of array) in the 'Request Total' field on the parent Issue
Can anyone please help me get started with coding this. I am pretty new to JIRA and Groovy scripts, yet have experience, albeit dated experience, in C and VB.
I appreciate any help!
Thanks much,
Scott