We had demo licenses for jira, confluence and bitbucket with 10 users each. I had configured each to use the jira server to be the user directory server.
Users and management were impressed with what we could do with this.
We recently upgraded our jira and bitbucket licenses to 25 users but chose to keep confluence at 10 users. The expectation was that we could limit confluence editors to 10 or less people. I created a group called "confluence-users" in jira and only granted edit rights for that group to a few individuals.
However now, confluence is not letting anyone edit because it is over the user license quantity. It seems that confluence is counting every Jira user against the license count.
Is it possible to have fewer confluence users than jira users?
The plan was to someday move authentication to Active Directory and to use AD groups to limit who is in which groups for jira projects, confluence spaces and bitbucket repos.
I want to be able to edit pages again, but was hoping to not have to use Confluence Internal Directory.
--
Charles