Hello everyone,,
I was so excited about how he was growing, I didn’t stop to think about how much his roots had been growing and if he was root bound. I got this bamboo about a year ago from Lowe’s as a sad little group of 4 stalks, 1 was beyond saving and I lost the other yellow rotting one a couple weeks later.
It has blossomed over the year, and grown so tall!! I was so excited that it grew so much! But then I started to worry that maybe he’s actually reaching for more sunlight? I’m not sure. I keep it in my kitchen windowsill which is under my roof overhang. So it get light but nothing directly. I’ve also noticed a few brown tips of leaves.
I’m planning on getting a larger vase for him, and I keep him in stones and only water using distilled water. I’ve never given him any plant food or fertilizer, though I’m contemplating giving him some aquarium water every now and again.
So I guess my question is, is my bamboo okay?? What can I do to improve its health????