Hello,
I've just started to evaluate the downloadable JIRA for possible use by our small company. I set it up on a Windows Server 2008 R2 VM (Hyper-V) on port 8181 since port 8080 was being used for something else. Additionally, I set up Bamboo using the Bamboo Installation Guide for Windows. Everything seemed to be working fine for a few days. Yesterday the server was rebooted and now I'm unable to connect to JIRA at all - not even on the local host.
The only other thing I've done since is set Tomcat to run as a service by following the instructions on this page (substituting 'tomcat6' for 'tomcat7'): https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA044/Running+JIRA+Standalone+as+a+Service
When I go to Windows Services and try to start the 'Apache Tomcat JIRA' service (which, by the way, is set to start automatically - but is not running when I open up Services) it starts for a minute or so and then stops on its own.
I'd be very appreciative for a point in the right direction.
Thanks!