I have a client that has a server instance of Jira. I am asking some questions on their behalf to gather some preliminary information about a potential move from their current LDAP to Active Directory.
I have gone through this document:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/migrating-users-between-user-directories-938847059.html
and I have determined we fall into the following case:
"Migrate all users from Delegated LDAP to Delegated LDAP"
But is is very light on the details. At the highest level we just want to confirm that such a migration when done correctly will result in no history loss for the Jira user.
Assuming that is the case, what are the requirements to ensure that happens? How does Jira understand the User X in Directory A is the same user X in directory B? Is email address used to do the mapping? What would need to be done that ensure this mapping would be successful? Is their any manual database work (special scripts etc) needed to achieve this mapping or does doing the migration through the interface take care of it all and it "just works". Any deeper level of understanding on how to do this migration cleanly and without any Jira user history loss would be much appreciated.