I am trying to create an Android release build following https://bitbucket.org/blog/automate-publishing-your-android-application-with-bitbucket-pipelines-and-gradle and we are hitting a few problems.
I've created a upload key and cert on Google Console and a Google service account.
The output from the Build task (assembleRelease) does not sign the build. The reason I say this is two reasons, one the APK gets names "unsigned" but more so when I try to upload the APK to Release Management / App Release of Google Console I get an error stating "Error from apksigner: ERROR: JAR_SIG_NO_SIGNATURES: No JAR signatures", which is the same message if I try to upload a Debug build I've built using Studio. I can manually upload a Release APK built via Studio so I think my Upload key is value.
Any thought on what I may be missing? Or suggestions of what to look at ... or a working gradle script and pipeline yml would be greatly appreciated.