Hi,
I am setting up BitBucket server for the first time. I am setting up the bitBucket application on one Windows server and creating the SQL server database on another Windows server. the database has been created okay and the Bitbucket user login works in SSMS to connect to the database. The two servers can see each other as I can ping each from the other. I checked that TCP\IP is enabled in the SQL server engine install.
However, when i attempt to configure the database connection in BitBucket, enter the database details and click "Test" the message states,
"The configuration entered is not valid. A database connection could not be established. Please check your configuration and try again". Full details are copied in below (IP address hidden on request of my manager). How do I resolve this please? Do I setup Firewall rules inbound or outbound on each server?
com.atlassian.stash.internal.db.DefaultDatabaseManager.validateConfiguration(DefaultDatabaseManager.java:217)
com.atlassian.stash.internal.migration.DefaultDatabaseMigrationService.validateConfiguration(DefaultDatabaseMigrationService.java:85)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
...
Failed to obtain JDBC Connection; nested exception is com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The TCP/IP connection to the host XXX.XX.XXX.XX, port 1433 has failed. Error: "Connection refused: connect. Verify the connection properties. Make sure that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. Make sure that TCP connections to the port are not blocked by a firewall.".
org.springframework.jdbc.datasource.DataSourceUtils.getConnection(DataSourceUtils.java:82)
com.atlassian.stash.internal.db.DefaultDatabaseValidator.validate(DefaultDatabaseValidator.java:43)
com.atlassian.stash.internal.db.DefaultDatabaseManager.validateConfiguration(DefaultDatabaseManager.java:214)
...
The TCP/IP connection to the host XXX.XX.XXX.XX, port 1433 has failed. Error: "Connection refused: connect. Verify the connection properties. Make sure that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port. Make sure that TCP connections to the port are not blocked by a firewall.".
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDriverError(SQLServerException.java:226)
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.ConvertConnectExceptionToSQLServerException(SQLServerException.java:277)
com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SocketFinder.findSocket(IOBuffer.java:2379)
...