I setup a Structure Gantt chart for a project to track the tickets and visually see a roadmap of how long a project is going to take to complete given the time estimate for tickets and ticket sub-tasks. I have setup the Structure configuration to use the "Time Tracking" field for scheduling.
What i'm trying to accomplish is set the Parent ticket's remaining estimate to the Sum of all Sub-task's remaining estimate. Specifically, i would like to have the Parent ticket's remaining estimate update if i create a new Sub-task under that Parent ticket and reflect the effect it will have on the remaining estimate given the "Original Estimate" or "Remaining Estimate" provided in the Sub-task.
Example:
- Parent ticket has 2 Sub-tasks with 2d of work each = 4d of work
- I create a new Sub-task with 1w of work.
- EXPECTED BEHAVIOR: Parent ticket Remaining Estimate updates to 1w 3d and adjusts the size of the ticket block in the Structure Gantt chart to span over 1w and 3d.
- CURRENT BEHAVIOR: I create the new Sub-task with time in the Original and Remaining Estimate fields, but the Parent ticket's time doesn't adjust in the Structure Gantt chart to reflect to SUM of all Sub-task tickets.