Hi,
Brand new to Atlassian. Working on the dragon quest and made it to stage 3: Installing Confluence. After windows installer ran, no windows service appears, navigating to http://localhost/confluence comes back with "This page can't be displayed." Clicking "Fix connection problems" in the browser yields: The device or resource (localhost) is not set up to accept connections on port "8090".
Clicking "Start Confluence Service (8090)" does nothing. Same with Stop...
Uninstalled, reinstalled with custom ports, no luck. Every port I try has the same message. (with new port number)
Started with 5.7.1 as in the walk through, but have also tried 5.8.1 and 5.10.3.
JIRA installed fine. I can even install the same version of Confluence on my laptop fine. So it seems that the install is not liking my VM. I have read the "installing Confluence on a VM" document, but it basically says make sure you know what you are doing. I clearly don't.
Can anyone point me to some things to check on my VM to ensure that Confluence can install and run?
Also tried a support ticket, but I cannot enter one into the Confluence section because it requires a SEN, which I have for Jira, but not Confluence... probably because I cannot get to a enter the license screen.
Thanks!