Ran Jira 7.13.0 Core installation for Windows for my upgrade. Everything went fine for upgrade. When I launched Jira for the 1st time I received a window saying
Jira encountered the following problems during startup. You need to fix any errors before you start Jira again.
Database: Update the JDBC URL - We've shipped a new driver for your database. You'll need to run the JIRA config tool (bin/config.bat or config.sh) and click Save. It will make the necessary changes for you. | I tried this but it just says:
No JRE_HOME or JAVA_HOME environment variable is set - attempting to just run 'j
ava' command
*******************************************************************************
******* Wrong JVM version! JIRA requires at least 1.8 to run. *******
*******************************************************************************
I do not have JRE installed on this server. Is this something I need to install now or from what I read it was supposed to install with my install? I am looking at this page
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/update-the-microsoft-sql-server-jdbc-url-in-jira-server-934718842.html
Or do I need to change the URL and Driver-class lines to match format of this? I am running Microsoft SQL DB 2012.
This is in my test env so i'm thankful i'm testing this out! Can someone please help me? I'm stuck and not sure what else to do other than restart my upgrade.
Thank you!