There is a already a page about this, but pertains to JIRA 6.4; whereas we are using JIRA 8.6
I followed the workaround on the old page for 'Managing Issues via Group Ownership'(one of four possibilities), but it did not work... any suggestions?
Hi @Glenn Botkin,
You can't add more users to Assignee field(single user picker) as per my knowledge. as a workaround you can create custom field in a multiple user picker type and use that for ownership(also modify places like notification scheme to use this field instead of assignee and so on..)
BR,
Leo
Hello @Glenn BotkinThe required feature is not available in JIRA and if you go through the additional custom field then it could be some stress because you will need to add in the screen of the project. There are couple of things which can be implemented here.1) Easy and Simple: Add the additional assignee in "Request Participants"2) Create a task or sub-task under the same jira issue and assign it to the required users. In this way, you or your management or project manager can track the work of the assignee. 3) You can create a service account and add in jira. Then you can assign the jira issue to the service account.Hope I answer the question with all the available options in JIRA.Thanks
Hi @Glenn Botkin
I assume the page you're referring to is this one?
I've tested this and the Group Ownership suggested by @Leo should work - to do this you'll need to be a Jira Admin and then:
You can go to Screen(s) next if you prefer and move the field to a better position, as assigning it to a screen will place it at the bottom.
If you need to edit the notification scheme as well:
^ This ensures users are also notified of being an assignee as part of this group.
Your field will now be visible on your issues - in view mode, this is in the "People" section in the top-right corner.
Ste
Hello Leo and thank you. That is the approach suggested in the page I referred to previously, and is what I have been trying to do without success. That said, what you've said about notification schemes may provide a clue... I created a notification for the custom group picker field, but it doesn't seem to be working. Will continue to pick at it. Cheers - Glenn
Hello,
How can I add partitients. Where is "Request Participants" options, I could't see it.
Thank you
Hi @Ste Wright,
This was very helpful. Thanks for sharing this in the community!
I was wondering if you knew how to use the new field. Meaning, when I am on my active sprints or my backlog, there is a filter on the top, however, it is still by the assignee.
Based on another comment below it seems to have something to do with setting the field as an ownership field? But when I googled Jira setting ownership field I did not get any results. If you have any insight it would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Anthony
I did it and it worked, but when I went to my dashboard, I couldn't find the task within the tasks that are assigned to me.
Do you have any ideas how to solve this issue ?
This is just for future users who have the same problem.
You can go to the issue's configuration and add a new "people" filed and name it as "Request Participants". Once you did that, you can go back to the issue and add more participants to the issue.
Hello Mate, We tried the same and its working to add more people to this ticket but they are not getting any notifications that ticket is assigned to you. Can you help ? Thanks Rishi
Glad I'm not the only one dealing with this! Sounds like maybe a new feature is needed for the tool?
I need multiple users that will show up on the board without having to do multiple tasks. I have used subtasks in the past on a Scrum board but they don't show in the swim lanes. I'm trying the Kanban board right now but am not seeing the option of subtask as a field to add when customizing the task issue type. If you use the team, does it show up on the individuals work board?
Our use case is that we have our dev folks working on the code and at the same time have our QA folks writing test cases for the same project so we will always need this. Its not an exception, its the rule. Sometimes we have BA, DEV, and QA working on it at the same time but that's more of the exception then the rule.
Thx!
Hi @jrm
Sub-tasks are available on Projects regardless if they're Kanban or Scrum.
What type of Project is it? Is it a Work Management or Software Project? And is it Team-managed or Company-managed?
Team Managed
And it won't always be the same combination of people so setting up a team isn't an easy to maintain solution.
I probably found the solution to this problem -> https://about.gitlab.com/move-to-gitlab-from-atlassian/
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.