Can we have such a structure ? A parent project (like a group name) and then we can have sub-projects under that project, and then we can have repositories under each sub-project?
Hi @Anishka With Bitbucket 5.13 we introduced Labels feature that you might use to categorize the repositories. Please take a look at official release notes: https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/bitbucket-server-5-13-release-notes-953131455.html#BitbucketServer5.13releasenotes-Addinglabelstoarepository,availablenowinBitbucketServer5.13
Thanks, Maciej
My organisation is looking into moving from gitlab to bitbucket and this is a major issue. Some repositories within a project have the same name and are distinguished by their ownership to a subgroup. As a result, we must look into each repository and rename many to reflect their previous ownership. Labels don’t help.Down the road, I’d also prefer to have repositories organized as:FrontEnd/SDKBackEnd/SDKAs oppose to flat list with names like "FrontEnd_SDK" even if labels can help with the search.
Unfortunately, it's impossible to organize my projects in bitbucket using its capabilities.
I really thought your workspaces would do what I needed, so I structured my projects as a workspace per client, broken down by projects and repositories. BUT...then I found out that the subscription plans are attached to the workspace, there's no concept of an organization so if I have three clients and I want build minutes for each of them, I'm buying three different bitbucket plans.
Because of this, and because I like to have structure in everything I do, I'm in the process of moving my projects into Gitlab from Bitbucket.
.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.