Problem with integration of Jira Server v7.12.1 with "Slack for Jira Server" plugin v2.0.6
Versions used :
Our Slack instance is already integrated with a jira instance, and I'm trying to integrate our slack workspace with a second jira instance.
It seems doable but for this to work we need to configure a custom Slack application, and follow the documentation at https://confluence.atlassian.com/slack/using-jira-applications-with-slack-966662163.html#UsingJiraapplicationswithSlack-IusemultipleJiraServerinstancesormyinstancesarebehindafirewall.HowdoIconnectthemtoSlack?
While configuring this application, I noticed some issues not covered by the documentation :
I need to grant scopes, those ones :
- channels:read
- channels:write
- links:read
- groups:read
- groups:write
- links:write
- im:read
- mpim:read
- chat:write:bot
However, two issues :
- there are two categories of scopes when configuring a Slack app : bot and user. Which should I choose ?
- the channels:write scope does not exist for the bot
For now I've granted the following scopes :
- to bot : channels:manage, channels:read, chat:write, groups:read, groups:write, im:read, links:read, links:write and mpim:read
- to user : channels:read, groups:read, links:read, im:read: mpim:read
when trying to connect Jira to Slack from the https://<JIRA_HOST>/plugins/servlet/slack/configure page, I get an issue about wrong credentials, while the jira server log throws the following message :
/rest/slack/latest/connection [c.a.p.slack.util.ResponseMapper] Slack returned an unsuccessful response to users.info/UUSKXMPN3: missing_scope
Where UUSKXMPN3 matches the application itself.
What am I missing ?
Thanks for you help