Hi!
I'm new to CI/CD and configuring my first pipelines file.
Running something against a JavaScript project (e.g. a React one) requires installing TONS of modules and wastes a lot of resources. Sure I would like to optimize this process from the beginning by caching the node_modules directory somehow.
The first option would be bulding a custom image with `node_modules/` inside and get it rebuit whenever `package.json` is changed.
The second option is to use a volume with `node_modules`.
So how to achieve any of those?
In the former case the Dockerfile is obviously shipped within the repo. That thing which is running the pipelines file should
- build the image or rebuid it if the package.json is changed
- save the image somewhere at its side
- run the pipeline
In the latter case the pipeline-running thing should mount/bind the volume which is used for node_modules.
I've already read few introductional articles on atlassian.com but didn't get how to do this.
P.S. Omg, why mere Markdown doesn't work here? I don't need this WYSIWYG bs, I just want to edit normal plain text and have OBVIOUS things working like f.e. back ticks!