I deleted a project and now I want to create another with the same name and I need to use the same project key, but I can't do it because JIRA say me that project key exists.
Any suggestion?
Hi, Mario
Maybe a re-index before would help.
I did it, but doesn't work.
Hi @Mario Nunes
see, if you have deleted the project that time related project key also deleted.
If you want to edit the already exist project then you should be choose Edit project not delete the project.
as @Ligia Cindea mentioned above comment might be it works once you have performed Re-indexing.
You need to clear the old key out of the database. But, it's being retained to prevent you damaging your historical data - it's only safe to clear the old key out if you have never moved issues from the deleted project out to anywhere else (or, if you have, you delete them as well)
Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- ,
We are using Mysql database,which command will delete project key from database.?Can you please help us.
Check the table "movedissues" first. If your project key is in there, you're going to need to do some external checks.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.