We are utilizing the approval process in Service Desk for the first time. The approver can't find the email notification and we want to resend it to him. What is the process for this?
Hi @Melody Baughman ,
I don't think you can easily resend the emails (without having some sort of reminder process that you trigger manually)
but normally when the approver goes to the general portal they should see it under "my requests"/"my approvals".
@Dirk Ronsmans -
Thanks! For the short term I'll direct the user there. If I can ask another question: Now that I'm looking I don't think the system sent him a message in the first place. We're new to the approval feature of Jira, so I'm wondering if our configuration is incorrect. Any suggestions on how to check that?
The first thing you can check is under "project settings > customer notifications"
There you should find a "Approval Required" rule (When a request transitions to an approval stage of its workflow, your service desk notifies approvers that they must act on the request.)
If that is there you can go through the logs.
You can check is (in application logs) the atlassian-jira-outgoing-mail.log file.
Before you go on a wild goose chase through your entire configuration looking for something that might be nothing,
On the other hand, are other mails being sent out? (cause you can turn of the outgoing emails globally as well)
Other mail is being sent out (I can see the log of emails going out to customers on their tickets) and the rule for approval required is enabled. But there is no log for when the email was sent to the approver.
We transitioned this ticket to an approval type and added the approver. Maybe I have that in the wrong order?
Again, thanks for the help.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.