I'm having an issue with using git-flow. Not sure if this is the expected behavior so please clarify it for me.
I create an empty repo in Bitbucket and clone it to my local machine. Then I create an Xcode project (I do iOS developing) inside that repo, commit it and push it to Bitbucket.
Then I went ahead and initialzed my local repo to use git flow. I use SourceTree by the way. Then I created a new feature branch, let's call it FirstFeature. I add some files to the project and push it again. Now I have 3 branches in my remote repo; master, develop and FirstFeature.
Then I work on the project again and finish off that feature. The FirstFeature branch gets deleted and merged it with develop locally. Then I proceed to push it to Bitbucket. I thought since the local branch of FirstFeature got deleted, it would get removed when I push the new changes but apparently not. That FirstFeature branch is still there in my Bitbucket repo.
Is this expected behavior or do I need to do something extra to get these removed?
Thank you.