Hi,
When an issue is deleted in JIRA is there a history record? If not how we know if an issue has been deleted?
Thanks,
Alex.
There's no way to do it internally - an issue is deleted, the event s fired, the issue is gone, dead, nothing left.
You could dig through logs and hope there's enough data there, but the only real evidence left in Jira is a hole in the issue numbering sequence.
I've used both Onkar and Natalie's answers and those two are by far the best I've seen. I've also experimented with "don't allow delete at all" (effective, but you do end up with litter), and a couple of listeners - one wrote a simple log file (basically the same as the auditor plugin), the other wrote comments on to a set of issues in a dedicated project.
One could be the soultion and that is to notify user on issue event, You can keep record in mail by notification scheme.
Regards
Onkar Ahire
You could use JIRA Auditor.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.