Hi,
I have been having a problem upgrading Bitbucket and ran into a strange problem. First let me describe the environment and setup
We have a current server which is out of support and end-of-life on 4.3.1 (Bitbucket version). It's a VMware VM machine with non-metadata on two mounted drives and metadata stored in a separate MS-SQL database on a database cluster.
I cloned this machine and created two drives with copies of the data and copies of the databases (different database names to reflect the copy and to avoid data clashes).
The actual install of the new version over the old goes ok without any errors or problems, but we cannot connect to the databases even though the database passwords are correct, there is no firewall in between or on the Bitbucket server or the database cluster. There are no routing issues either and the databases are clearly reachable but we get the databases rejecting the connection request. We've also checked the ports and they are established.
I should also mention that the Bitbucket server is on dhcp (the live production machine is of course static address), and is also a Linux RH CentOS 7 vm.
Has anyone else had this issue and if so what was the solution. I've not been able to find any information that matches my issue.
I'd be grateful for any help, suggestions or advice as this is now very urgent as we need to get on to the latest version as soon as possible.