Currently in the lifecycle of a project Story we have various steps, for example:
Open - In Analysis - Analysis QA - In Development - In UAT - Packaging - Closed
On a JIRA Agile Sprint board this can easily be created and visualised.
However, recently the company altered our JIRA model to place emphasis on Sub-tasks. Sub-task types weer created for Analysis, Implementation (i.e. development), Testing and Packaging.
Now, the Stories have a light touch workflow (Open - In Progress - Testing in Progress - Closed), and each sub-task has a unique but simple workflow (e.g. Open - Analysis In Progress - Ready for Analysis QA - Analysis QA In Progress - Closed). The rationale being that the detail should be in the Sub-tasks - within the workflow, comments etc.
The person responsible for managing the sprints has asked if I can recreate the original Sprint board view of a sprint. I cannot find a way to do this. I have created a board that, for example, displays Sub-tasks and shows their individual status on the board, but this does not roll-up the overall Story, because the Story only ever has one of the 4 statuses identified above.
Can anyone see a way that I can visualise a sprint in the old way using this new structure? I have experimented with Script Runner's "parentsOf" function (that searches for Sub-tasks but displays the Parent task), but this hasn't worked.
Matt Carr