Hi
Is there a way to disable the option to watch spaces in Confluence? We have found a major security risc in this option. Users get notifications from all subpages in the space even if they are restricted from watching the page.
Cheers
\Atle
Hi @Atle Rinvoll
confluence have "autowatch" feature enabled by default.
You can turn "autowath" on or off and also configure other notification settings
refer below link
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/edit-your-user-settings-1016023.html
hope it will help you
Thanks
Rahul
Or if you are a creator of space you can manage watcher for all pages and blogs in that respective space.
I have autowatch disabled, but I want to prevent watching of spaces. Pages and stuff is ok, but watching spaces is a security hazard for us, and it is not possible for administrators to remove watchers of spaces. It is only possible to remove watchers of pages. I had to do som DB operations to get rid og the space watchers.
So my question is, is it possible to disable the ability to watch spaces?
Unfortunatly this only goes for the pages. If you watch a space you will still get notifications from pages within that space even if you are restricted from watching the page.
did you got any solution to this issue.
I'm still facing the same problem. Users get notifications (with content) for pages they aren't allow to see by restrictions to parent pages.
Best Regards,
Markus
No, unfortunatley I have not.
Too bad.
So I will have to ask the support for a good way to solve this to prevent mails with sensitive content to send to all space watchers.
Did you thought about removing space watchers in special spaces by script or e.g. database trigger?
This could be my last chance instead of loosing confidence of the users to the system.
I have yet to find a suitable way for my enterprise so I created an Atlassian issue:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-58943
Please vote for it.
You can eliminate the Watch button by adding the code below to Space tools/Look and Feel/Stylesheet (note that Stylesheet needs to be enabled by your Conf Admin and has security risks.)
#watch-content-button {display: none !important;}
This will hide the Watch button and its associated modal (pop-up) with watching config check-boxes and the Manage Watching link so the space owner won't be able to monitor who's watching. And users can still toggle Watch/Watching any given page using the (w) shortcut.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.