I have created a workflow in JIRA, where in the first step users can fill out a screen and then assign it to someone. Now I would like the values inserted by the users to be mapped, when he sends them to the assignee. Desired outcome would be: the user fills out a screen with certain values and the assignee receives the same screen, but with other mapped values. Background is, that users are familiar with logical names, but the assignees need cryptical technical names for their analysis. I assume in order to accomplish that some kind of script will need to be written. It would be hugely helpful, if someone could tell me which plugin to use and maybe how to write it.
I agree, it would be easier to have only one set of names. However this convention has grown historically and I won't be able to change that, therefore I have to deal with what is.
Currently we have an Excel with two columns, one with the logical names and the other one with the technical names. The create issue screen in JIRA consists of fields, where users can choose a value (only the logical names are displayed) via a dropbox for each field. Now these fields should be mapped as in the Excel, i.e. IF value of field X is Y, THEN field X receives Z and so on.
The language pack solution won't work, because I had to create custom fields. I have also thought about enhancing the name of the fields with the technical name, but that is only a backup solution, I would prefer to solve it differently. Therefore what do I need to do to write a plugin, are there any examples of the code I could use? Secondly regarding the duplication of data. What exactly would be duplicated and how can I do that?