I am a JIRA admin.
One of the user has left the org. So, I need to transfer ownership of some 30 filters to a different user ?
Can I someone please help with how to change bulk ownership of filters
Thank you !
Hi @Aisha M ,
As per my knowledge, this feature is not availble out of the box.
You can do this using script runner plugin. Please refer below link for the details.
https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/5.6.15/jira/builtin-scripts.html#_change_dashboard_or_filter_ownership
@Sreenivasaraju P Hi, thank you for the comment.
I need to change the ownership of that invalid user s dashboards & filter to this new user.So, with scriptrunner is it like a one time job ?
If you are using Jira cloud , somehow scriptrunner plugin doesn't have bulk ownership change for filters there so (considering you have system admin permissions) , Under System > Shared Items > Shared filters / Shared dashboards - It would list down all the filters , by clicking on 3 dots you could change the ownership to anyone you want.(Cool thing is it allows you to filter the list based on owner) - This works in Cloud and Server both. Hope it helps !
@Gopal Rathi Yes you are correct, we can able to change the filters owner in this path System > Shared Items > Shared filters / Shared dashboards.
But how we can able to do for Bulk, if filters are more than 100, it's lengthy process
Hello!
Any updates on this? I'm trying to bulk-update filter ownership in Cloud.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.