In Profields, I have defined a three level cascading drop down list boxes for our objectives:
Level 1: the objectives set (because we get a new set of objectives every two to three years)
Level 2: the high level objectives (a grouping of the detailed objectives by topic)
Level 3: the detailed objectives
I have also defined a field to hold the project status.
All three of the list boxes is defined with an Option Id and an Option Text.
I have then imported all the data in to eazyBI. However I was not able to import Level 2 or Level 3 of my objectives as dimensions as the Option Text was too long (more than 255 characters) on some items.
The report I wish to get out of eazyBI is very simple: I would like to have a list of the values from Level 1 then Level 2 and finally Level 3, followed by all the projects for that objective with the project status. However, I can get it to work: the report comes back with the value of none for the objectives and a list of projects.
If I start off with the projects as the rows, then I can see the objectives assigned to that project but that is not what I want.
Am I doing this right? Is there a better way to get what I want?
Something I thought about was maybe making the Option Text much shorted for the fields Level 2 and Level 3 so I could import them as dimensions. Would that make any difference?