I know that JSD ist certified for Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management and Request Fulfillment and I also know that there are workflows available for those processes.
But:
- Should those processes be realized in distinct Service Desks? Or are they issue types within a holistic ITSM service desk?
- How should I process business cases that involve several organizational units and processes?
Example for the latter:
A user can’t print. He raises an incident issue. The service team responds by connecting him to a different printer. This workaround closes the incident. However, the original printer does not work anymore and it should be replaced.
What are the next steps? Does the service team raise a ‘problem‘ issue? Should the incident issue be linked? Can the problem issue be closed as soon as the new printer is in place?
What about the purchasing process. This is done outside the IT department. Probably the purchasing department has its own service desk. Should the problem management team raise a ticket in the purchasing service desk? Then, there would be 3 issues for one business case (user can’t print).
Any help (or links or pdfs) are greatly appreciated! Did I understand the concepts of Jira and ITIL correctly?