Hello everybody,
I'm newbie in Jira. Could somebody tell me how to creat a popup window when an issue reachs the due date. All the notification methode for reminder that i search now are sending the email to user. It is possible to do it in javascript or i have to write a plugin for that. I still don't know which way i should go. Thanks a lot !
Depends on how you want to trigger it - there's no way to arbitrarily spam browser sessions (and you wouldn't wnat to anyway), you'll need a definite trigger - like viewing the issue?
Thanks Nic for your reply. What i need to do is to creat a popup window to remind the issue, i mean it will show automatic when a reminder time for that issue is set. What you mean is that it has to be trigger with an action on that issue?. Maybe there is another way for trigger?, or do you have another idea
That's what I mean - you need to think about when you want this pop up to happen for a user. What exactly do they do to get the popup?
(In general, I'd caution you against pop-ups - they're a pain in the neck for users and most of us click and ignore them unless they really are very relevant)
The thing i try to do is like Outlook of Microsoft. When you set a task e.g team meeting and the reminder time, it will show to all invited users e.g 15 minutes before meeting. I know it would not be easy to make that possible in jira but my chef has lots of projects to take care, and he want to be informed by the popup window not by email.
I unerstand what you mention but maybe there is only possible to to it by notification through email
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.