I just signed up, and this will be my first time (please be gentle) attending one of these summits, as it were. First time in Vegas as well, What should I expect from the summit? (not Vegas, I've heard about Vegas...)
Hi @Will Bove,
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Expect to learn a lot, pick sessions that you find interesting, the once you miss you can always watch later since all sessions are recorded. Take time to visit the Expo Hall and talk to vendors and come by the Community booth! Also take a look at this thread, https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Off-topic-discussions/Atlassian-Summit/td-p/1306547
Hi @Will Bove
It's my first to Summit, Vegas and USA
I've got an article on what to expect at Summit 2020.
There's an awesome article by @Jimmy Seddon on tips for first-timers https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Summit-articles/Tips-for-First-Time-Summit-Attendees/ba-p/1304068
The articles on Summit will have you covered
Kia ora, Poorvi. Looking forward to the summit. Should be heaps of fun and informational.
There will be a lot of information posted in the weeks leading up to Summit, and the Atlassian app (when it's updated) will help you schedule and track your sessions as well as communicate with others who share your interests.
As for Vegas, you're not supposed to hear anything about Vegas! What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas
Hey @Will Bove ! Last year was my first Summit.. and I thought it was one of the best conferences I have ever been to—I'm sure you'll really enjoy.
Though, I'm quite familiar with Vegas; I've been visiting there from Canada every years since I was about 10! I decided to put together this no-bs guide for what to do in your spare time at Summit if it's of interest.
Hope it helps!
@chrisbuttenham , thanks for this great guide!
Last year was also my first Summit, but also my first time in Sin City. I was not at all adventurous, but I'm hoping that's going to change this year.
@Poorvi Jhawar Not sure if I've already mentioned this, but, while I won't be at Summit, you should definitely stop by the Community Lounge and say hey to the rest of the team! Stephanie, Monique and Cassie will all be there, and they certainly love meeting our most engaged Community members. 😄
I'll do just that. Thanks Erica.
Hello @Will Bove
and welcome to the Atlassian Community!
@Poorvi Jhawar already pointed you to her awesome article.
Keep an eye on the Summit website updates, make a list with talks that you are interested in, and use the Summit App - it's a must! There you can see what is going on around and make your schedule.
In events like Atlassian Summit is easy to get lost in so many activities
Great idea, it sounds like it's going to be a very eventful week. Thanks, Teodora. Hopefully you'll have a food booth there?
Haha it reminds me that the whole Summit is one giant food booth ))
And it's the Good Stuff!
Let me know if you check out any of the spots!!
Hi everyone!
Atlassian Summit was always a great chance for Atlassian vendors all over the globe to meet our clients and Atlassian users in person.
This time we still have so many ways to stay connected!
That is why StiltSoft invites everyone to join our virtual booth and book a live demo where you can chat with us about Atlassian products and our apps: https://bit.ly/2X0mvtK
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.