Hi AllWe are creating the subTask and calling the workflow post function to get assignee filed values from parent. Its creating and I am able to see the assignee filed value too. But When I am querying to see total number of subtask assigned to user then list is not showing. Assignee field value is mentioned at the top in workflow post function and then indexing.I am facing the exactly mentioned in another forum question but did not see fix for it. Here is the linkhttps://answers.atlassian.com/questions/9389889Querying by following steps to see subtasks.1) Click on Issues -- > More --> new Filter 2) Select the Project3) Select the type of issue 4) Select the StatusSo far all subTask showing correct but when I am filtering for particular user, which we created subtask and getting the values from parent then its return null. Not showing any record.My Jira version is 6.4.12.
Screen shotsSubTask_assignee.jpg
SubTask_assignee1.jpg
See above no issues are showing.
The most likely explanation is that your "workflow post function to get assignee filed values from parent" does not index the sub-tasks. It needs to do that.
@Nic Brough [Adaptavist] I have already doing the index in workflow post function. Please see below screen shot. I am unable to change the positions. Anything I am missing here?
I have limited access to update the comment in this forum. I need to get 2 points to get unlimited access.
workflow_postFunction_reindex.jpg
It's the same answer - your sub-tasks look like they are not being indexed. Let's test that rather than going around in circles - run the transition, check that the search fails as per your original question, then make a minimal edit to *the subtask* (stick a . on the end of a text field, change the reporter etc). Avoid touching any of the four fields you have copied though, that could complicate tracing what is happening. Once you've made a change, try the original test again - does it work this time?
@Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Your test work fine. I have followed below steps and showing the original search.
1) Ran the transition
2) edited in comment section and then updated it.
3) Tried searching in filter with original posted in this forum question. Its showing 1 issue record but there is another 2 issues. So What I need to do once the sub-task been created in workflow post function to fix the issue?
Here is the screen shots for reference
sub_task_search.jpg
Total sub-task 3. The old 2 sub-task which are posted in original question in this forum not showing.
What should I do once the sub-task created to do indexing ?
We did work around on this. We added script workflow function from inline function and then running the sql command to convert the user-name from upper case to lower case. Here is the image and then script that we are using. Hope it may help others this work around until fix the bug.
workflowPostfun.jpg
//Import items for SQL Update Statement: import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager import groovy.sql.Sql import java.sql.Connection import org.ofbiz.core.entity.ConnectionFactory import org.ofbiz.core.entity.DelegatorInterface import com.atlassian.jira.event.issue.AbstractIssueEventListener import com.atlassian.jira.event.issue.IssueEvent import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor import com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueManager import com.atlassian.jira.util.ImportUtils import com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.IssueIndexManager ComponentManager componentManager = ComponentManager.getInstance() //Create and run the SQL Update statement to change the assignee to Lower Case delegator = (DelegatorInterface) componentManager.getComponentInstanceOfType(DelegatorInterface.class) String helperName = delegator.getGroupHelperName("default"); def UpdateId = issue.getId() //Make sure to change the schema as per JIRA db def sqlStmt = """ UPDATE [jiraschemaP].[jiraissue] SET [ASSIGNEE] = LOWER([ASSIGNEE]) WHERE id = '""" + UpdateId + """'; """ //sqlStmt.toString() Connection conn = ConnectionFactory.getConnection(helperName); Sql sql = new Sql(conn) StringBuffer sb = new StringBuffer() sql.execute(sqlStmt) //Now run the re-index on this issue IssueIndexManager indexManager = ComponentManager.getInstance().getIndexManager() boolean wasIndexing = ImportUtils.isIndexIssues() ImportUtils.setIndexIssues(true) IssueManager issueManager = ComponentManager.getInstance().getIssueManager() indexManager.reIndex(issueManager.getIssue(issue.id)) ImportUtils.setIndexIssues(wasIndexing)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.