I'm trying to install Sourcetree 3.3.8 but being blocked by Windows Defender: "Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk."
Is version 3.3.9 coming soon with a fix?
I am not sure for the question of a fix. Here just the info that in many cases you can skip the SmartScreen warning with the "More Info" link on many cases. Microsoft states "in case you know what you are doing" but I assume that it is just true for that case :-)
Cheers,Daniel
In my case the only option my (work) PC gives me is: "Don't run".More info just displays, that the app originates from Atlassian (as expected).The problem was mentioned on january 28th in this thread.
Where it is also shown, that VirusTotal has this file registered as containing a Trojan. This is why, I made this post - I would like some response from Atlassian, before I circumvent the security and installs anything which has been flagged containing a trojan.It might very well be a false alarm due to a hashmatch, but there still is the other (bad) option :-)
I had the same issue. You can download 3.3.6 version: https://product-downloads.atlassian.com/software/sourcetree/windows/ga/SourceTreeSetup-3.3.6.exe
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.