I am wanting to upgrade from an existing Jira 7.11 to 8.6. Which installer do I need to do this. I'm unsure if I need the:
1/ Jira Core installer (https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/core/update) or the
2/ Jira Software installer (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1213607/jira-software/version-history) and the 8.6.1 installer .obr file.
I am thinking 2/ of the above but want to confirm this. As mentioned we already have a Jira 7.11 instalation running...
Hello @Joe F if you are managing kanban and scrum boards then you should use the second one.
Also if you go to the licensing tab you should see there which of the ones you are using.
As Hernan suggested, if you are using scrum and kanban in your jira - you have jira software installed so go for option 2.
But if your jira does not have kanban and scrum boards option - its just jira core so go for option 1.
Also, check your Applications tab under JIRA Admin Console - you will see what is installed , just JIRA Core or JIRA Software and Core.
Jira Software is ( Agile + JIRA CORE) while Jira Core is no Agile Boards.
Thank you gentlemen, we have Jira software 7.11.1 (with an 'upgrade' button) and Jira core 7.11.1 (with a renew before upgrade button).
So I'm thinking we have jira software AND core.
We use scrum/kanban so I'm still thinking option 2 (the obr file)?
Jira core should come along with Jira Software license so I would focus on upgrading Jira Software only. The obr file should work if you install it from the UI, else you can stop jira, run the server installer and start jira again.
Right - simple point is when you upgrade Software - it will include core as well. When you upgrade core - it wont include the Agile part . :-)
For anyone else out there, I commented out 'DEFAULT' and uncommented HTTPS proxy over NGINX, changed the redirectPort="8443" to '443' in server.xml. This '443' was the only change from previous efforts.
I ran the 8.6.1 bin installer (not 8.7.1) all seemed to go ok from installer feedback, usual message about indexing (made that file) & setenv.sh and server.xml having changes that were not copied over (even tho' I had updated the req'd info.)
Service stop and service restart did not fix this but it seems a power down and power back on brought everything back up.
So the job is done (from 7.11.1 to 8.6.1.)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.