Hi,
I really need some help regarding the release. I have created a release from develop branch (e.g 1.2.0) for the application. Once the off pipeline completed, the release is finished successfully and it has been merged back successfully both master and develop and tag got created.
I have updated the develop branch to next version-shanshot (1.3.0-snapshot). And other features branches got merged to develop. Meanwhile the QA continues their testing in the release branch and found couple of issues. Those issues were fixed and merged to release branch.
Now, I have the following question.
- Is this the right process to work in git and handle releases?
- How can I finish the release branch with updated changes? If I finish the release branch again, I think it will get conflicts as the develop branch is ahead and release branch has new changes.
- How to resolve those conflicts?
- Once the conflict has been resolved, as the develop branch is ahead, all the changes from develop branch will be merged to release branch. In this way the release branch will have more features than originally released. Is there a way to avoid this? I understand that the release branch will be deleted after the release is finished.
Please help me with these? Any help and answer is greatly appreciated.