I've been looking through addons and playing with macros to try to create something similar to a shoutbox for Confluence.
I haven't been able to find something similar, however. I don't particularly need usernames to be associated with it, but I would like to have a streamlined widget on our departments' portal pages where they can swiftly post updates without the bulky blog fussery.
I've tried to see if this is possible with page comments and tasklists, but I can't find a way to really make them work.
Optimally, I'd like to be able to have an editable field on the page (like a tasklist), that will allow a couple lines of text to be added to a box on the page. I don't want the department leads to need to edit the page directly in order to accomplish this.
Is there a combination of tasklist functionality and other parameters/macros that can accomplish something like this? I've been looking like crazy!
Thanks!