I'm building technical documentation within Confluence for a client. It started out lightweight, but they want a workflow process for request > draft > approval > publish > revise > publish. They requested I use Jira to track this.
I felt that this was far too much overhead and process. It also seemed backward or the "wrong way" of using Jira to integrate with Confluence. And there's no way I can see that Jira controls confluence actions such as to publish, etc.
I've stalled for a while, but I need to find a solution for documentation workflow.
I have seen Comalatech's Ad-hoc workflow solution. But I don't think this client will pay for the custom tool. I will broach the subject.
Though, if I had some examples of successes or failures in using 'Jira for Confluence workflow', it would be really helpful.
Has anyone seen examples of that? I'm finding it hard to locate what I need through the usual searches.