My permissions are set to 'can edit' but I don't see an 'edit' button. Only on certain pages.
Hi @Barak Epstein
I think the problem is, that you don't have write permission on the space.
The restrictions on a page can not overrule the space permissions.
Check out the documentation for space permissions.
Regards,
Dominic
Hello @Barak Epstein ,
seems there are some page restrictions set for these specific pages. Check out this documentation about restrictions on pages, maybe that is the case: https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/page-restrictions-139414.html
Let me know if that helped.
Adam
Hi @Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_ , I see 'can edit' besides my name when I open up restrictions.
Not sure if I'm missing anything else.
Thanks,
Barak
Okay, that is strange.
If you try different browser, is the button there? Also which Confluence version are you on?
Lastly, if you set the restrictions of page to "No restrictions", does that help?
I've tried on multiple browsers.
I'm not the Admin so can't set to 'no restrictions.' I could ask, potentially.
BE
@Dominic Lagger this makes sense. I will look into it!
@Dominic Lagger You were precisely correct. Problem solved, and thanks!
this is awful! you need to give everyone in the company permission to add/delete any pages you like to a site just so they can edit one specific page???
talk about a majorly broken permissions model. especially since the default for all pages is to have no restrictions... i had to give my users access to edit the entire space. sucks but solved the problem.
"The restrictions on a page can not overrule the space permissions."
incredibly stupid design. consider revising. Permissions should not be default allow, they should be default restricted.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.