We use the Nagios monitoring system. We want alert emails delivered to Jira to create issues for problems reported by Nagios. How we can integrate Nagios with Jira? Is there any way? I really appreciate your help.
@Shah Baloch
We're creating Incident tickets from Nagios in our Jira server instance using email handlers. We get emailed alerts from Nagio that get picked up by Jira (either Core or Service Desk) and get worked by our infrastructure team.
Overview on email handlers:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/creating-issues-and-comments-from-email-938847641.html
Overview on Jira Service Desk email requests:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskserver/receiving-requests-by-email-939926303.html
Jira Enterprise Emil Handler has specific logic for Nagios alerts that you may want to consider.
https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/JEMH/pages/2850892/Use+Nagios+Field+Processor
There is always OpsGenie as well, you can feel the alert from Nagios to OpsGenie and have Opsgenie create the jira ticket. Some advantages of that method include allowing OpsGenie to do some pre-processing logic before creating the ticket. (de-duplication, etc)
Thank you so much for the quick response. I configured and it works.
Thank you so much that really helps. I configured the default email handler ones, however, these add-ons might work better for us. I'll take to our team. Thanks
I installed JEMH add-on and configured it with a project. I created "Problem" and "Recovery" test cases. When I ran the Problem test, it's creating a ticket, but when I ran the Recovery (OK) test case, it's not resolving the issue, neither it's creating any comments to the project.
I selected "On Create or Comments" from the "Directives" tab. Checked Nagios Notifications on from "Field Processors". I added Custom fields but I don't know how to configure the fields that those fields get values base on each email. I tried my best to make it works, but I can't figure out what I'm missing. The documentations are not much clear. I'm attaching a couple of screenshots. Any help would highly be appreciated.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.