I need a way to import value of a custom field which is Table Grid type into eazyBI.
need help.
Hi @Tanu ,
Currently, eazyBI doesn't have an integration with the iDalko Table Grid Editor custom fields. Please have a look at the full list of the Jira apps eazyBI has integration out of the box on the eazyBI documentation page - https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/data-import/data-from-jira-and-apps.
There is a workaround on how to import each column as a multi-value dimension. It involves defining the import parameters in the eazyBI advanced settings, defining a JavaScript calculated custom field for each column from the table. Please read more on the eazyBI JavaScript calculated custom fields here - https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybijira/data-import/custom-fields/javascript-calculated-custom-fields.
Please have a look at the picture below:
This is the configuration I will use in the example import. I will try to import the "Summary" column as a dimension. For that, we will use a REST API call bellow:
JIRA_BASE_URL/rest/idalko-igrid/1.0/grid/AAAAA/issue/NNNNN
Where AAAAA is the ID of the Table Grid editor custom field and NNNNN is the ID of each Jira issue the field is in.
Please add the code below to the eazyBI advanced settings:
[jira.customfield_tbl_summary]name = "Tbl Summary"data_type = "string"dimension = truemultiple_values = truesplit_by = ","javascript_code = '''getDocument("/rest/idalko-igrid/1.0/grid/AAAAA/issue/" + issue.id, {ignoreErrors: [404,400]},function(result){resultArray = [];if (result && result.values) { result.values.forEach(function(valuesItem){ resultArray.push(valuesItem.isummary); })}issue.fields.customfield_tbl_summary = resultArray.toString();});'''
Make sure to replace AAAAA with the ID of the Table Grid custom field. Also, change the line valuesItem.isummary to the columns ID. You can see the ID when you edit the custom field in Jira. Please have a look at the picture below:
Update the eazyBI advanced settings and select the custom field for import in the eazyBI import options "Custom fields" tab.
We do have an improvement regarding the integration with Table Grid editor on our backlog. I added your vote to it. In the meantime, let me know if you have any questions about the proposed workaround.
Best,
Roberts // support@eazybi.com
Hi @Roberts Čāčus - eazyBI I really appreciate your detailed help, it matters a lot.I tried same and i was not able to Import Using REST APIgetting below Error , i have put JIRA URL here in place of my actual URL.Received HTTP 406 error when requesting JIRA-URL/rest/idalko-igrid/1.0/grid/11507/issue/42000Not sure where i am committing mistake, can you please guide me .
@Tanu were are you running the REST API request? Please see the expected output when run from a browser where you are logged in Jira.
The 406 error is an unexpected one - https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Status/406.
Did you try to go ahead with the configuration in eazyBI advanced settings?
Hi @Roberts Čāčus - eazyBI And what about numeric values ?
For example, in your table above we add a column "inum" where we could insert integer and decimal values.And we need to load summary and a new column (inum) as a measure (we need to get a sum of values in this column for each assignee in eazyBI).I just managed to load numeric values like a string and dimension (as in your example).But I need a measure with numeric value.Could you help with this ?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.